ATELIERS LONDON APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- Ateliers London Limited (we, us, our), are committed to protecting and respecting our customer’s (you, your) privacy and data, both corporate and personal. As of May 2018, we have implemented the General data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) together with our Terms and Conditions Policy and Cookies Policy, which explains and safeguards how we collect, store and use the information that you provide us and is associated with you.
- We gather data when you browse, make enquiries, purchase, create an account or sign up for our newsletter on our website, via electronic communication, in person or through a member of our staff. We also gather data through our recruitment and staffing process; by this, you agree to be bound by this policy as updated.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- In order to provide our services, we collect personal information voluntarily submitted to us by our clients and visitors. This can include information you provide when you create an account on our site, correspond with us on the site, interact with other users, complete a form, purchase products, subscribe or respond to surveys, promotions and newsletters.
- We also collect personal information indirectly from you such as information about the pages you visit on our site or the device you connect to our site with. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as other users of our site.
- Please see the categories of personal information we collect in more detail below:
- Contact details: such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Profile information: such as your contact details (as above) and any information you share when making a purchase with Ateliers London.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions you share on our website or when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Messages to us or between users: messages you send to us such as emails, written correspondence and correspondence between other users via Ateliers London’s forums like website and social media commenting.
- Payment and transaction information: we keep records of the products and services you purchase from us, and the payment method you use for the transaction.
- Login profile information: Information from third-party service (e.g. LinkedIn) including profile information such as your log-in, username, photo(s), and other information from that service as permitted by you and that service.
- Your preferences: choices you make such as notifications, messaging preferences or how the site is displayed.
- Information about how you connect to and use the online service.
- We collect information about how you use the site such as the pages and links you access, the time and duration you access the site, the website you visited before coming to our site, the website you go to after leaving our site, and the selections and choices you make when using our site.
- We also collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the site. This includes details about the type of device (include the unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the site through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if applicable).
- Typically, the information we collect about how you connect to or use the site is associated with your device and not you as an individual. However, if you use our site while logged into a registered account this information may also be associated directly with you.
- Information about your location: Other than information you directly choose to share with us, we do not collect information about your exact location. Your device’s IP address may help determine an approximate location but will only pertain to the city, state or country you use your device in while visiting our site.
- Information about the location of purchases: We will display a catalogue image of any purchase through our site on a searchable map as a way of showing the approximate location of the delivery address you give when making a purchase. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information on our map and only display our catalogue image of the purchase you made by reference to the postcode of the delivery address.
- Information provided by other users: Sometimes other visitors to our site provide information associated with you. For example, other visitors may provide information associated with you when they invite you to use our website.
- Information provided by other organisations: Other organisations may provide information associated with you where they are legally permitted to share it. For example, contact details, demographic data and Internet navigation information.
- Information from fraud and crime prevention organisations: If we suspect fraudulent or other criminal activity related to your account, we may be provided with information by fraud and crime prevention organisations.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We also use your personal information for the purposes specifically described below:
- Contact details: We use your contact details to communicate with you directly about the products we sell, the services we offer, and general queries, issues or concerns you or other users have. We may also use your contact information to send you information about products and services of interest to you (this type of communications is in agreement with your marketing preferences), and includes information sent by our marketing and business partners that we/they think you may find interesting.
- Comments and opinions: We use your comments and opinions to provide you with products and services of interest to you.
- Payment and transaction information: We use payment and transaction information you provide us with to process payment for any product or service you purchase from us. We may also use your history of transactions with us to identify products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Messages to us or other users: We use messages you send us to help respond to any query, issue or concern you raise, and ensure your ability to interact with other users as permitted by the functionality of the service and your preferences.
- Your preferences: We use your preference settings for providing notifications, messages and how you wish to display of our site on your device(s).
- Information about products you have looked at: We use this information to send you reminders and additional information about these products. We also use this information to identify other products and services that may be interesting to you.
- Information about your location: We may use an approximate location to ensure the content you receive is relevant to you and the area (city or country) you are using your device in. We do not collect or track your exact location.
- Information about the location of purchases: We use this information to show the types of purchases being made in a particular area on a searchable map.
- All personal information: We use all the personal information we collect to:
- Monitor and improve our site, procedures and processes.
- Help develop new products and services.
We will not make any information public that is not already public.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any collected information (so that it does not directly identify you). We may also use anonymised information for purposes like IT system tests, research, data analysis, site improvement, product development or CRM analysis.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may share your personal information with the parties listed below:
- Service providers, partners, and advisors: Third parties providing a service to us, partner with us, advise us or work with us in other business capacities. For example, third party delivery services delivering products you buy from us to your address. We may also share your personal information with our marketing partners and other carefully selected third parties offering information or product you may be interested in. These third parties are only allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and your marketing preferences and are required to keep your information safe.
- Purchasers of our business: Your personal information may be disclosed or transferred to buyers or prospective buyers of our business or assets as part of a sale.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Third parties under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information and/or parties we need to disclose your personal information with to protect our rights, property, safety and the rights, property or safety of others. This is done to detect and
investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone except the above-mentioned parties. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about our site users, however; we assure that no one can be identified from this information prior to disclosure.
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
- Email Marketing: Occasionally, we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want to receive email marketing from us, please let us know by sending an email to us at [email protected] You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link available at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Email Notifications About Your Order or Changes to Services: We may send you email notifications pertaining to your order or notify you about changes regarding the services we provide to you.
- Advertising on our Site and other Websites: ‘We and our advertising partners’ may expose you to advertisements on our site and on other websites. To do this ‘we and our advertising partners,’ may collect information about how you use our site, content and ads you interact with on the device you visit our site with. The information collected may include the IP address of the device you connect to our site with or the email address you shared with us via our site. ‘We or our advertising partners,’ use the information collected to make sure you receive relevant adverts from us on our site or other websites you visit.
STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In general, we only store you date for as long as it is necessary to provide you with our products and services, and you have an account with us. Sometimes we may be required to keep records of purchase for years depending on various laws and regulations. However, we assure you that we do not keep data stored longer than necessary.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you would like to check your data or have any questions about how we are using your data, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. Please provide us with as much detail as you can about the information you are looking for, we will also correct any inaccuracies you report.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- Occasionally, the site may contain links to and from third party websites that are part of our network like advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies, Ateliers London is in no way responsible or liable for these policies. Please read the individual policies before submitting any information to these websites.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
NOTICE TO YOU
- If we need to provide you with important information (related to legal, marketing or other business related purposes) we will identify and select the best way to contact you. We usually contact you through email or by placing a notification on our site.
Last updated: 10 February 2021
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (computer or smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies are recognised by the website that downloads them or other websites using the same cookies. This system lets a website know if a browsing device has visited it before.
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies have many different functions. For example, it helps us understand how our website is being used, it lets you navigate between pages efficiently, remembers your preferences, and improve your browsing experience. Cookies also identify your preferences so the marketing you see online is relevant to you and your interests.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to make our website work because they enable you to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies you cannot use services necessary for you to be able to effectively use or access secure areas of the site.
These cookies collect information about how people are using our website like pages most visited, how people navigate from one link to another and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather any information that can be used to identify you. All information collected by these cookies is grouped together with information from other people’s use of our site and is completely anonymous. In general, these cookies provide analytical information about how our site is performing and how we can improve it.
These cookies remember the choices you make on our site and provide you with improved browsing and site functionality. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your username, language choice and country selection. Furthermore, they can be used to remember changes you make to text size, fonts and other customizable features of the pages.
These cookies deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. They also limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure a campaign’s effectiveness. These cookies remember your site visit and may share this information with other organisations such as advertising partners. This means that after you visit our site you may see advertisements about our brand, products and services elsewhere on the Internet.
Social Media Cookies
To enhance your internet experience and make content sharing easier, some pages on our website may contain tools or applications that link to third party social media service providers like Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. By enjoying Ateliers London content on these platforms, the individual social media service provider may set its own cookies on your device. We do not control these cookies and therefore recommend that visit the individual social media service provider’s website for further information about their cookies policy.
5. HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY BROWSING DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie stays on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or a “session” cookie. Session cookies are only stored temporarily on your device and deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device for a fixed period (typically 1year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed.
6. FIRST AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
7. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES FROM THIS WEBSITE
Generally, you can use the browser that you are viewing our website in to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, please follow instructions provided by your browser (this is usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please be aware that if you disable cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access secure areas of our website and may not be able to take full advantage of our site if you do so. Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to gather information about your browsing activity for delivering advertising relevant to you and our interests. The advertising industries in the European Union have developed schemes to help you opt-out of cookies used for these purposes. You can learn more about the EU scheme at www.youronlinechoices.eu